Supervisor Engineering Clean & Black Utilities
Position: Supervisor Process Engineering Utilities.
Reports to the Senior Manager of Process Engineering.
As Supervisor of a team (clean and black utilities) within the Process Engineering department, you are directly in charge of coordinating activities within your team.
You are responsible for a team of about 5 engineers (this may grow dynamically due to the appointment of temporary expert consultants).
As Supervisor, you will motivate and coach your colleagues, and ensure effective management with regard to staffing levels and steering within your team.
Key responsibilities and result areas:
- You are responsible for guiding and managing the staff on your team.
- You coordinate ongoing activities within your team.
- You act as the project leaders’ right hand by ensuring adequate staffing for the cross-team projects.
- You are responsible for developing the team and challenging team members to work on their personal development. You ensure training and coaching.
- You ensure that the way of working is uniform and continuously aligned within and across departments.
- You undertake actions to remedy shortcomings and make improvements.
- You hold performance/development and assessment reviews and discuss career prospects.
- You conduct recruitment and selection interviews.
- You create a self-learning environment in which people grow and achieve with enthusiasm.
As a Supervisor and member of the first line leaders' team of the Process Engineering department:
- You act as a technical expert in the area of clean and black utilities for the strategic projects.
- You contribute to drawing up and following up on the Process Engineering department’s policy.
You translate this into customised objectives for your team.
- You represent management on the shop floor.
- You work very closely with your fellow supervisors within the department so you can tackle all challenges successfully by combining your strengths.
- You keep your eye and focus on the entire engineering department through continuous transversal collaboration.
- You coordinate the compilation of engineering and qualification data in order to provide management information to management and the board.
- You coordinate the administrative support for your team.
- You report to the Manager Process Engineering using an established methodology.
- You communicate internally on the activities under your responsibility.
Management of an application domain in combination with a special task:
- In addition to your role as a supervisor, you will be responsible for a strategic application area. You will increase and safeguard the related knowledge (e.g. “black utilities”).
- You will also be given a special assignment that has a significant impact on the company. This assignment will be based on the business and departmental needs and may vary from year to year. This also facilitates your growth path!
These assignments range from maintaining specific critical knowledge and skills (e.g. work processes) to creating major breakthroughs that require leadership and perseverance.
Level of education: Master’s in engineering or the equivalent;
Preferably, you have 3 years of experience in a people managerment position in the pharmaceutical sector (global experience 8 – 10 years).
Up-to-date knowledge of European and American GMP and GEP (Good Manufacturing/Engineering Practices) guidelines and SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures);
You have excellent knowledge of English combined with Dutch or French (both spoken and written);
You are persuasive, communicative, and collaborative;
Analytical and good at solving problems;
You are result-oriented and decisive;
You are creative and innovative;
You are capable of working on a project basis;
You are a team player.
Prothya Biosolutions produces plasma preparations (including known products such as Cofact, Nanogam and Albuman). In addition, Prothya collects, tests and supplies blood plasma to purification and production sites worldwide. Prothya Biosolutions' mission is to provide healthcare organizations worldwide with high-quality plasma products. The company does this by creating value for partners and contributing to the health of people who depend on essential plasma proteins. Hence, Prothya's slogan: Creating Value, Sustaining Life. The company has various office and production locations in the Netherlands and Belgium and employs around 1,000 people.
Prothya Biosolutions BE is part of an international biopharmaceutical group which offers long-term career perspectives and invests actively in on-the-job training.
In return for your performance, you shall receive a competitive salary, group and health insurance, meal vouchers, and eco-cheques, as well as a Flex Reward Plan. The Flex Reward Plan is a flexible compensation system through which employees can create a budget from their current salary components. Thanks to this plan, they can enjoy, on a voluntary basis and according to their personal choice, a series of benefits that Prothya Biosolutions BE offers once a year.
We also offer an attractive holiday system exceeding the legal holidays.
Furthermore, we value mutual respect and diversity is our strength.
For each Prothya Biosolutions BE employee, from operators to the CEO, engagement means showing initiative. We expect all colleagues to contribute to achieving our annual objectives in order to take the organization towards it future challenges and successes.
Are you interested? Send your CV and covering letter.