Supervisor Engineering Civil
Position: Supervisor Process Engineering – Civil (Building, HVAC, Electrical, Construction)
Reports to the Senior Manager Process Engineering.
As a Supervisor of the Civil Engineering team within the Process Engineering department, you are the direct line manager responsible for coordinating the activities within your team.
You are responsible for a team of ten engineers within the range of civil disciplines. Your team includes both internal and external employees. The drawing office also falls within your responsibilities.
As a Supervisor, you motivate, coach, and manage your staff. You are also efficient in ensuring the headcount is adequate.
Key responsibilities and result areas:
- You are responsible for managing and leading the staff in your team, the majority of whom are external experts with mostly senior profiles.
- You are responsible for growing your team further by filling 3 internal vacancies.
- You coordinate ongoing activities within your team.
- You are responsible for the project management of strategic projects within your team.
- You are the right hand and contact partner of the project leaders and guarantee adequate staffing for the cross-team projects.
- You are responsible for developing the team and challenging them in their personal development. You take care of the training and coaching.
- You ensure that way of working is uniform and continuously aligned within and across departments.
- You propose solutions for shortcomings and making improvements.
- You hold appraisal/development and performance management interviews and discuss career perspectives.
- You carry out recruitment and selection interviews.
- You create a self-learning environment in which people grow and perform with enthusiasm.
As a Supervisor and a member of the first line leaders' team of the Process Engineering department:
- You act as a technical expert within the field of civil engineering.
- Working with the other Supervisors, you contribute to drawing up and following up on the policy of the Process Engineering department.
You translate this into adjusted objectives for the Civil Engineering team.
- You represent management on the shop floor within Engineering and are the Engineering SPOC to other departments such as Production, Maintenance, Product Research Development, and Quality.
- You work very closely with your colleague supervisors of Clean & Black Utilities, Process, and Automation within the department so you can all successfully face challenges together.
- You keep an eye on and focus on the entire engineering department through continuous transversal collaboration.
- You coordinate the compilation of engineering and qualification data in order to provide management information to management and the board.
- You coordinate the administrative support for your team.
- You report to the Senior Manager Process Engineering using a set methodology.
- You communicate internally on the activities under your responsibility.
Management of an application domain in combination with a special task:
- In addition to your role as a supervisor, you will be responsible for a strategic application area. You increase and safeguard the related knowledge and draw up the master planning for the knowledge areas in your team.
- In the short term, you will be responsible for projects up to €250,000. In the medium term, this will develop into Site Master Planning and erecting new buildings. The purview of this assignment is based on the business and departmental needs and may vary from year to year. This also facilitates your growth path!
- Together with your team, you are responsible for the business continuity planning of the civil systems, including the development of an asset replacement strategy.
- You have a central role as a point of contact with suppliers and contractors.
- Level of education: Master's degree in Engineering.
- Civil works expertise or relevant experience
- Preferably, you have 10 years or so experience in a similar managerial position.
- You have extensive experience and expertise in the project management of construction projects within HVAC, Electricity, etc.
- You have a broad interest and common sense that allows you to quickly understand and master the different engineering domains.
- You are analytical and good at solving problems.
- You are focussed on results and decisive.
- You can work on a project basis.
- You are persuasive, communicative, and collaborative.
- Prior knowledge of European and American GMP and GEP (Good Manufacturing/Engineering Practices) guidelines and SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) is an asset but not essential.
- You have excellent fluency in English combined with Dutch or French (both spoken and written);
Prothya Biosolutions produces plasma preparations (including known products such as Cofact, Nanogam and Albuman). In addition, Prothya collects, tests and supplies blood plasma to purification and production sites worldwide. Prothya Biosolutions' mission is to provide healthcare organizations worldwide with high-quality plasma products. The company does this by creating value for partners and contributing to the health of people who depend on essential plasma proteins. Hence, Prothya's slogan: Creating Value, Sustaining Life. The company has various office and production locations in the Netherlands and Belgium and employs around 1,000 people.
Prothya Biosolutions BE is part of an international biopharmaceutical group which offers long-term career perspectives and invests actively in on-the-job training.
In return for your performance, you shall receive a competitive salary, group and health insurance, meal vouchers, and eco-cheques, as well as a Flex Reward Plan. The Flex Reward Plan is a flexible compensation system through which employees can create a budget from their current salary components. Thanks to this plan, they can enjoy, on a voluntary basis and according to their personal choice, a series of benefits that Prothya Biosolutions BE offers once a year.
We also offer an attractive holiday system exceeding the legal holidays.
Furthermore, we value mutual respect and diversity is our strength.
For each Prothya Biosolutions BE employee, from operators to the CEO, engagement means showing initiative. We expect all colleagues to contribute to achieving our annual objectives in order to take the organization towards it future challenges and successes.
Are you interested? Send your CV and covering letter.