Senior Maintenance Technician
Position: Senior Maintenance Technician
Reports to the Maintenance Team Leader
As a Senior Maintenance Technician, you carry out repetitive maintenance activities on specifically assigned installations (mechanical or electrical) in accordance with the provided guidelines and instructions (SOP, procedure, SHE, etc.) and with the support of colleagues/supervisors/maintenance engineer. Your goal is to provide the agreed-upon services within the predefined times and quality requirements.
Key responsibilities and result areas:
1. You carry out preventive and curative maintenance on installations and assets based on the provided guidelines:
- You follow up on the planning and priorities that are given to you and carry out work orders;
- You carry out preventive and corrective maintenance of the installations and goods on the basis of the required directives and instructions;
- You interpret mechanical or electrical work schedules;
- You carry out rounds of technical inspections and scheduled preventive maintenance activities;
- You estimate the consequences of identified problems and escalate when necessary.
2. You perform root cause analysis and interventions with the goal of offering a solution as quickly as possible and with minimal impact on production:
- You perform interventions after a call or alarm notification via GSM;
- You perform both fault and root cause analysis and ensure documentation of the results;
- You (quickly) solve problems that may impact production.
3. You are responsible for the maintenance and cleanliness of the workplace/area and for instruments, equipment, and materials:
- You replenish consumables and communicate when replenishments are required;
- You clean/maintain equipment/systems;
- You use and maintain materials with due diligence.
4. You point out recurring problems and think along about solutions, with the goal of contributing to a continuous increase in quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of processes and methods used:
- You point out deviations and frequently occurring problems;
- You provide input for continuous improvement of all processes/systems/equipment.
5. Additional responsibilities and administrative tasks:
- You ensure accurately and correctly completed documentation during work execution, in accordance with GMP guidelines and prescribed procedures;
- You report deviations in documentation;
- You take care of the on-call service (24/7 in shifts);
- You actively contribute to the management of plans and inventories.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in electricity, mechanics, or electromechanics, or the equivalent through experience;
- Ideally, you already gained your initial experience in a similar position (experience within the pharmaceutical/biotech sector is an asset);
- Preferably, you are acquainted with quality systems and European and American GMP guidelines (Good Manufacturing Practices) and SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures);
- You are well acquainted with MS Office and other software packages (knowledge of SAP is an asset);
- You speak Dutch or French, know the other language, and are well acquainted with English;
- You are meticulous and quality-conscious;
- You work systematically and can set priorities;
- You are flexible and willing to work in shifts and weekends.
Prothya Biosolutions produces plasma preparations (including known products such as Cofact, Nanogam and Albuman). In addition, Prothya collects, tests and supplies blood plasma to purification and production sites worldwide. Prothya Biosolutions' mission is to provide healthcare organizations worldwide with high-quality plasma products. The company does this by creating value for partners and contributing to the health of people who depend on essential plasma proteins. Hence, Prothya's slogan: Creating Value, Sustaining Life. The company has various office and production locations in the Netherlands and Belgium and employs around 1,000 people.
Prothya Biosolutions BE is part of an international biopharmaceutical group which offers long-term career perspectives and invests actively in on-the-job training.
In return for your performance, you shall receive a competitive salary, group and health insurance, meal vouchers, and eco-cheques, as well as a Flex Reward Plan. The Flex Reward Plan is a flexible compensation system through which employees can create a budget from their current salary components. Thanks to this plan, they can enjoy, on a voluntary basis and according to their personal choice, a series of benefits that Prothya Biosolutions BE offers once a year.
We also offer an attractive holiday system exceeding the legal holidays.
Furthermore, we value mutual respect and diversity is our strength.
For each Prothya Biosolutions BE employee, from operators to the CEO, engagement means showing initiative. We expect all colleagues to contribute to achieving our annual objectives in order to take the organization towards it future challenges and successes.
Are you interested? Send your CV and covering letter.