Senior Process Operator FRAC (2 shifts)
Position: Senior Process Operator FRAC – Production (2 shifts)
Reports to Supervisor - Production
You carry out production processes in accordance with the procedures, schedule, and the corresponding qualitative and quantitative requirements, with the aim of obtaining specific proteins from the plasma.
Main responsibilities and result areas:
1. Starting up the physicochemical operations under the required conditions. Those operations include:
- Controlling the automated cleaning process (CIP) of the equipment before the start-up;
- Preparing the solutions to be used;
- Connecting and joining the pipes, tubes and pumps;
- Providing the filters with their accessories and conducting integrity tests;
- Assembling filters and centrifuges;
- Switching on the equipment and checking the parameters.
2. Carrying out successive production operations to obtain final products in compliance with the current standards and procedures (qualitative, quantitative, and hygienic criteria). That includes:
- Carrying out successive operations of thawing plasma and separating cryoprecipitates;
- Multiple precipitation of the various proteins;
- Repeating various successive operations using a programmable automaton (PLC;
- Adjusting the output parameters based on analytical results;
- Filtering, centrifuging and suspending the various plasma fractions;
- Disassembling the various filters and centrifuges;
- Collecting, wrapping, packing and checking the paste;
- Taking samples and doing/ordering an analysis;
- Informing the team leader in case of deviation or change to the written instructions.
3. Finalizing the operations so that the equipment remains in good hygienic and functional condition. That includes:
- Performing automated cleaning;
- Thoroughly disinfecting the equipment.
4. Carrying out a few tasks for the general support of the production process, such as:
- Participating in the practical implementation of improvement projects;
- Assisting colleagues (operators, basic technician, …);
- (co-)training new colleagues;
- Keeping the work areas clean and functional.
5. Performing a few administrative tasks, such as:
- Filling out the production report in accordance with the GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices);
- Drawing up reports, alert sheets and requests for deviation from the scheduled procedure (change request);
- Contributing to the drafting of work procedures.
6. Improvement and projects:
- Detecting, identifying, and alerting to bottlenecks, changes, risks, and improvements, as well as participating in and carrying out tests for projects with the aim of contributing to the effectiveness, quality, and efficiency of the production processes.
- Example activities:
- Advising the supervisor on possible changes in and improvements of the process (both qualitative and quantitative);
- Participating in improvement projects and report the outcomes of the projects to the supervisor;
- Participating in projects of the various departments, carrying out tests in production and cooperating with other departments;
7. Development and dissemination of knowledge:
- Training co-workers and ensuring the dissemination of knowledge of the assigned production process/domain with the aim of keeping the existing knowledge up to date.
- Example activities:
- Ensuring the dissemination of knowledge regarding the assigned production process;
- Helping with requalifications of co-workers;
- Reporting training needs and deviations in relation to protocols and procedures.
8. Organizational backup team leader:
- Managing the team operationally and organizationally in the absence of the team leader and reporting to the supervisor with the aim of ensuring that the work is done according to the schedule and quality and to keep the team motivated.
- Example activities:
- Assessing the continuity of the work and address co-workers about it;
- Providing the supervisor with data regarding the performance of co-workers during his/her absence.
9. Additional miscellaneous tasks:
- Carrying out additional miscellaneous tasks (proactively or at the request of the supervisor) with the aim of supporting your and/or other departments.
- Example activities:
- Providing assistance to other production workers;
- Keeping the work areas clean, functional, and safe in accordance with the guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmacy or equivalent by experience;
- A first experience in a similar position is a bonus;
- Can work fluently with MS Office package;
- Language skills: Dutch and Frans, with good command of one and a good knowledge of the other;
- Meticulous and quality conscious;
- Organized, able to set priorities and work punctually;
- Proactive and alert (recognize changes);
- Flexible and willing to work in shifts and weekends.
Prothya Biosolutions produces plasma preparations (including known products such as Cofact, Nanogam and Albuman). In addition, Prothya collects, tests and supplies blood plasma to purification and production sites worldwide. Prothya Biosolutions' mission is to provide healthcare organizations worldwide with high-quality plasma products. The company does this by creating value for partners and contributing to the health of people who depend on essential plasma proteins. Hence, Prothya's slogan: Creating Value, Sustaining Life. The company has various office and production locations in the Netherlands and Belgium and employs around 1,000 people.
Prothya Biosolutions BE is part of an international biopharmaceutical group which offers long-term career perspectives and invests actively in on-the-job training.
In return for your performance, you shall receive a competitive salary, group and health insurance, meal vouchers, and eco-cheques, as well as a Flex Reward Plan. The Flex Reward Plan is a flexible compensation system through which employees can create a budget from their current salary components. Thanks to this plan, they can enjoy, on a voluntary basis and according to their personal choice, a series of benefits that Prothya Biosolutions BE offers once a year.
We also offer an attractive holiday system exceeding the legal holidays.
Furthermore, we value mutual respect and diversity is our strength.
For each Prothya Biosolutions BE employee, from operators to the CEO, engagement means showing initiative. We expect all colleagues to contribute to achieving our annual objectives in order to take the organization towards it future challenges and successes.
Are you interested? Send your CV and covering letter.